Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

50 Final GVSU Adventures


Reflecting on 3.5 years and embarking on my final semester as a Laker, I feel a little bit of everything. I've been continuously transformed through experiences, people, and the adventures that are so sacred to what college is all about. In celebration of Grand Valley's 50th year (I am so excited to say I graduated in GVSU's 50th year of shaping lives--a future student affairs professional would find this cool!) I wanted to make a list of 50 things to do in my final semester as Laker.

Some of these things have been done before, but for the love of GVSU and my senior year, they all deserve one 'grand' round of fun, laughter, adventure, and applause. I can't wait to share these experiences with the people I am grateful to call my family and friends: )

This list is in no particular order (please feel free to comment on what should be added if things are missed!) Here's the Grand 50:
  1. Eat dinner at Fresh
  2. Eat Klienese
  3. Push and/or ride the gravity ball
  4. Attend Presidents' Ball 2011
  5. Throw a penny in the fountain
  6. Eat lunch outside somewhere on campus
  7. Get a picture with President Haas
  8. Go to Laker Late Night and eat something college-y
  9. Attend a sporting event
  10. Study in Zumberge Library
  11. Attend Leadership Summit
  12. Relax in the arboretum
  13. Go to Grand Haven for a visit
  14. Attend a LIB 100 event
  15. Wear a Louie the Laker tattoo (I have never done this!)
  16. Go sledding in D9 parking lot
  17. Eat a Laker Bowl
  18. Go ice skating at Rosa Parks Circle
  19. Participate in National Eating Disorders Awareness Week events
  20. Participate in Leadership Week
  21. Wear an 'I Am GV' tee
  22. Go to a Campus Praise Rally
  23. Go to CRU
  24. Go to a Campus Ministry Service
  25. Chat with a friend at the hidden' fountain
  26. Visit Stafford, my first college home
  27. Go on a run around campus
  28. Get Starbucks coffee downtown
  29. Study in Zumberge Library
  30. Ride the 50
  31. Eat at The Pub
  32. Wear green on St. Patrick's Day
  33. Send thank you's to people who made a difference in my college experience
  34. Get a massage at the rec center
  35. Do the community reading project, The Imortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
  36. Meet the author when she comes, Rebecca Skloot
  37. Work out at the rec center
  38. Shake T. Haas' hand at graduation
  39. Walk at Relay for Life
  40. Walk under the Blue Structure my last week
  41. Go to Buffalo Wild Wings, eat breadsticks at Ucello's, and half-off appetizers at Applebee's
  42. Climb the rock climbing wall
  43. Call 20/20 and ask a silly question
  44. Submit something to the Lanthorn
  45. Sing GVSU cheers
  46. Study in my favorite place in Lake Ontario
  47. Go to a performance in the PAC
  48. Be a part of a small group
  49. Buy something at the bookstore
  50. Run in the turf building

3 comments:

  1. i hope to be involved in at least 50% of these activities :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love #16, #32, and #38. I also like that you have a nickname for your president- we do too! We call ours P.J.- President Jeff. His last name is Abernathy, which is a mouthful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie: You are just too funny!!! xo
    Sara: I didn't know you nicknamed your president too! The last name is truly a mouthful! P.J. is cooler for sure:)

    ReplyDelete